18 November 2005

Things Done in November

You know the first guy to put ice cream in a sugar cone was a fu%$ing genius, right? So was the first person who tried open-mouth kissing, the guy who gave Oprah her first job, and that Sandwich Earl, who discovered the formula of (bread x 2)/meat = delicious. All brilliant chance-takers seek (and find) excitement, adventure, and a tasty lunch. So cheers to the brave souls who were first to pony up 77 cents for the ride of a lifetime.

Customer 1: Write your favorite joke on 5 postcards and mail to 4 friends and one stranger.
Feedback: Pending

Customer 2: Watch the movie ELECTRIC DREAMS.
Feedback: "I forwarded this email to the girl I'm dating. She thought it was amsuing and wondered how you arrived at $.77 as your fee. That's about it. I guess I'm a little anxious about our relationship, because she lives in Chicago and I live in NYC. And she just told me today that she's not coming to visit this weekend because she's pretty busy, which I know is true. My gut tells me that things are going to be slowing down for the Winter, what with all the holidays and work business. But I wonder if I'll be able to start it up again in mid Jan. or so... ? I mean, I really want to keep this going, because I think this girl is perfect for me. But I guess one of us is going to have to move, and I think that person is going to be me. And I don't know if I really can, because I have a good job here and I'm not sure I can find a great one out there. Plus, like, I know she really likes me, like she says she loves me, but she's not a very communicative person, and I wonder if her affection will last through the Winter. Fuck. Maybe its just the seasonal affective disorder, but I feel fucking terrible that she's not coming to see me, and I wonder if we'll ever end up seeing each other again, or if it will just fizzle out. I want this relationship to last. I'm 32 now, she's 28, and I'm just ready to commit, you know what I mean?"

Customer 3: Choreograph a personal dance routine to "Let's Hear It For The Boy" by Deneice Williams.
Feedback: I DO like my assignment. I haven't done the dance YET...but i'll be sure to get it onto a video and give you a copy.

Customer 4: Bake something sweet and give to (or share with) someone you think is cute.
Feedback: "[My Thing to Do] was surprisingly sweet. Unfortunately, my gas is shut off, so no baking. I learned you have a soft side and give out non-blowjob advice. I will most likely use TTD77C again. Maybe you can offer a gift option for X-Mas? Imagine taking care of your list 77 cents at a time."

Customer 5: Introduce yourself to a neighbor, or someone else you'd like to meet.
Feedback: Pending.